There are a few things we want to share to kick start your crypto journey on Voyager.
Voyager is a crypto brokerage
Voyager is a crypto brokerage, which means we connect to multiple exchanges and partners to always deliver the best price for your investment.
Our dynamic smart order router automatically connects to more than a dozen of the most trusted and secure crypto exchanges, liquidity providers, and market makers. By doing this, we are able to spot inefficiencies in the crypto market, execute orders at lightspeed, and get you a better price on your trades.
Helpful guidelines to get you started
Our goal is to make your journey into the world of crypto an easy and effortless process. Creating an account only takes minutes, but some basic information is required to get started. This includes your email address, full name, mobile number, address of residence, date of birth, and social security number. Any personal information provided to Voyager is safe and secure.
For a seamless account opening process:
- Submit a current ID as we cannot accept any identification that has expired.
- Submit an official state or government-issued ID such as a driver’s license or passport. School IDs, membership IDs, etc. will not be accepted.
- Take a clear photo of your ID with good lighting and avoid any glares.
- Provide a picture of both the front and back of your official ID.
- Take a clear photo of yourself with your ID–the photo cannot be obscured in any way.
- Follow all the instructions as requested in-app.
Note: It’s extremely important that the barcode on your ID is not blocked or covered in any way.
It’s a requirement–by the USA Patriot Act, Know Your Customer (“KYC”), and Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) regulations–that we collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) to verify the identity and ensure the eligibility of our users.
Account pending review
Most accounts are approved automatically. However, if you are not automatically approved and have submitted the requested documents, a member of Voyager support will review your information as soon as possible. While you wait to activate your account, you can explore our market screen to track asset prices and get a feel for the Voyager app and its features.
Understanding limits on the Voyager app
As soon as you link your bank and deposit funds to your Voyager account, you can view your USD balances and limits in the Voyager app. To do this, navigate to the Portfolio Screen by tapping on the small briefcase icon and then tap USD.
Here, you will see how much in USD value you have and how much has cleared for deposits, withdrawals, and more.
Are there any deposit limits? How long will it take for my deposits to clear?
On Voyager, the minimum deposit is $10. There are two maximum deposit limits: a "daily" deposit limit and an "instantly available" deposit limit.
- Daily deposit limit: the maximum amount that may be deposited in any rolling 24 hour period. For new customers, the daily deposit limit is automatically set to $5,000.
- Instantly available deposit limit: the maximum amount of uncleared deposits, which you can instantly trade PRIOR to clearing deposits. Deposits clear in five full business days. For new customers, the instantly available deposit limit is set to $10,000.
When you make a deposit that you don't have instant access to, it shows up in your transaction history but will not reflect in your balance until the deposit fully clears.
Note: that while you may see the funds leave your bank account earlier than this, your deposit may not fully clear on Voyager for at least five full business days.
The instantly available deposit is also a rolling deposit limit and will update once the funds used for your purchase have cleared.
No limit to account size
There is no limit to the size of your crypto portfolio or funds you hold in the Voyager app. You can continue to grow and fund your account each day within your USD deposit limits, which can be seen directly within the app. There are no limits to how much crypto you can deposit per day. If you are interested in increasing your deposit limits, please contact Voyager support.
If you want to deposit and instantly trade without deposit limits, our support team can provide you with wire instructions. Wired funds are immediately available for trading once they clear in our system.
If you are looking for wire instructions, please submit a ticket request to our support team and select Bank Account Linking → Request bank wire instructions.
At this time, withdrawal limits on Voyager are as follows:
- $25,000 maximum total market value within a 24 hour period.
- Maximum total of 20 withdrawals in a 24 hour period.
Note: your Available to Withdraw amount may differ from the above limits, does not include pending deposits or funds held in orders, and is capped at the maximum withdrawal limit in a 24 hour time period.
These limits are subject to change and may vary based on customer history.
What fees will I experience with Voyager?
There are no fees to transfer your cash or crypto to Voyager but there is a flat fee to send crypto to an external wallet. This fee is determined by the blockchain network fees and may vary depending on network usage. Crypto withdrawal fees are subject to change and are regularly adjusted to reflect the cost of transacting on each network’s respective blockchain.
To view the current list of withdrawal fees, please type in “fees” to our FAQ’s page, also located under the “Crypto Funding” subsection. All fees are subject to change.
Crypto trading fees
On Voyager, we show you both the Bid and Ask price, allowing for total pricing transparency. The spread on cryptocurrencies is the difference between the buy and sell prices quoted for any specific asset. The actual spread may be higher or lower due to market fluctuations at the time the crypto is priced. However, Voyager will only fill your order at or below the price quoted in the app. Learn more here.
Bid price and ask price explained
We utilize a bid price and an ask price within the Voyager app in order to give you more transparency when trading your crypto.
- Bid price: the maximum price that a buyer is willing to pay for the currency in the open market.
- Ask price: the minimum price a seller is willing to accept for a currency.
The "price" in the app is not indicative of when a limit order should be filled. If it is a buy order, the "ask" price must reach your price before the order is filled.
For more information on supported orders, check out our Passion for product training blog post written by our COO.
Setting limit orders
You can easily set limit orders to buy or sell crypto by specifying the quantity and price for the trade, the same way limit orders are used in the equity markets.
How to set a limit order, using VGX (The Voyager Token) as an example:
- Navigate to the Market Screen → scroll until you reach VGX and tap on it to access the detail page → tap Buy VGX or Sell VGX (depending on whether you are buying or selling).
- You will automatically be directed to create a market order which is reflected by a bolded purple line under Market. To switch to a limit order, click Limit, located directly to the right of Market. The bolded purple line should now be located under Limit.
- To set a limit buy order: Input the amount of USD you’d like to spend OR VGX you’d like to purchase at your chosen limit price. Once you input all information, slide the Slide to Buy VGX purple banner to set your buy limit order.
- To set a limit sell order: Insert the amount of USD OR VGX you’d like to sell at your chosen limit price. Once you input all information, slide the Slide to Sell VGX purple banner to set your sell limit order.
Once the ask price for buy orders or the bid price for sell orders of a digital asset is reached, the order is executed at your specified limit price.
Unlike market orders, which are filled immediately, limit orders are able to be canceled.
To cancel a limit order:
1. Tap on the briefcase icon to access your portfolio page.
2. Tap on View Orders and Transfers.
3. Press on the open order and tap Cancel Order.
Contacting Voyager customer support
If our comprehensive FAQs page and our Node blog posts are unable to provide a solution to an issue you’ve encountered, the next step would be to engage our support team by submitting a support request.
When submitting a support ticket:
- Enter the email address associated with your Voyager account.
- Select the proper field and category. For example, if you would like to change your email address:
“What can we assist with?” → Select Update Account Info.
“I’d like to…” → Select Change Email.
- Include all details regarding the issue you are experiencing.
- Include screenshots if you are experiencing a visible bug in the app.
With our influx of new users, we are experiencing a larger than usual number of support tickets. Our team will answer your ticket as quickly as possible. To get a faster response, please refrain from submitting multiple tickets.
If you have a question, please reference our FAQs page and utilize the search bar prior to contacting customer support.
Download the Voyager app
We are excited to be part of your crypto journey and look forward to welcoming you as a member of the Voyager community. Download the Voyager app and create an account to get started today.
Voyager Cryptocurrency Risk Disclosure
All investments involve risk and the past performance of a digital asset or other financial product does not guarantee future results or returns. Cryptocurrencies are highly speculative in nature, involve a high degree of risk and can rapidly and significantly decrease in value. It is reasonably possible for the value of Cryptocurrencies to decrease to zero or near zero. While diversification may help spread risk, it does not assure a profit or protect against loss. Investors should consider their investment objectives and risks carefully before investing. Previous gains may not be representative of the experience of other customers and are not guarantees of future performance or success.