As of January 15, 2020, TrueUSD (TUSD), USD Coin (USDC), and Tether (USD₮) are available for purchase and transfer on the Voyager app.
Customers can now transfer TUSD, USDC, and USD₮ to the Voyager app, sell to USD, and trade any of the 30+ crypto assets listed on the platform, commission-free. In February, interest will be available on all three new stablecoins, giving Voyager customers yet another way to grow their crypto portfolios.
TUSD, USDC, and USD₮ are all stablecoins, pegged 1:1 to the U.S. Dollar. Stablecoins have become a trusted source of liquidity in the cryptocurrency market as they let people use the blockchain to quickly move digital assets with limited volatility.
How to Transfer Crypto into Your Voyager Account
- Navigate to your Account page by selecting the icon in the top right corner of your Market screen.
- Select “Transfer Assets” and then choose if you want to deposit or withdraw.
- Deposit the crypto asset of your choice by scanning the QR code on the screen or by copying the unique address at the top of the screen. Be sure you’re on the correct asset deposit page. Sending the wrong asset to an wrong address will result in lost funds.
- Crypto transfers will be reflected in your Voyager account once the blockchain transaction is confirmed. It can take up to 20 minutes for your transfer to appear in your Voyager account as pending. Once it appears as pending in your account, it’s immediately available to be sold to USD and traded for any of Voyager’s available coins. It may take up to 40 minutes for deposits to fully clear.
- Send crypto to the wallet or vendor of your choice by pasting a unique address or scanning a QR code. Enter the amount of the crypto you want to send and slide to confirm! We manually approve a small portion of withdrawals as part of our AML process which can take up to 24-hours.
With these new coins, you can now transfer Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Dash, Tether, USD Coin, and TrueUSD from your Voyager account. Please note, crypto deposits and withdrawals are only available on iOS. We will be expanding these capabilities to the Android platform soon.
In listing assets for trading on Voyager, we consider a number of factors, including but not limited to, liquidity, market access, investor demand, and the overall function of the crypto asset.
We also seek out projects and companies that are forward thinking, compliant with regulations and have the potential to contribute to the economy of tomorrow.
Voyager lets you trade 30+ crypto assets commission-free, earn interest on top coins, and track the market – all from one app. Voyager is currently available to all U.S. residents (excluding New York state). We are actively working with regulators to expand to New York and internationally later this year. Download now.