A recurring buy allows you to purchase a digital asset at an ongoing timeframe of your choosing. By setting recurring buys, you can easily dollar cost average the crypto market by setting and forgetting orders that automatically fire.
There are a few reasons you might want to set a recurring buy as opposed to lump-sum investing. The first and primary reason is that lump-sum investing can carry more risk in a volatile market.
Invest everything at the top of a bull cycle and you’re subject to short-term downside volatility. If you invest with recurring orders, your purchase price for a given asset is more stable—allowing for steadier, more predictable growth.
In short, recurring buys are useful for a more hands-off investment strategy and as a hedge against market volatility. By spreading out your orders over time, you can steadily build your portfolio regardless of market conditions.
Reasons you may want to set a recurring buy
- You’re curious about an asset but want to invest slowly and see where the market takes it.
- You want to invest a lot in a particular asset but you don’t have the funds all at once.
- You’re passionate about investing in a particular asset but don’t have time to monitor the market—you’d rather set it and forget it.
- You want to take advantage of DCA investing, otherwise known as Dollar Cost Averaging to hedge against short-term volatility.
Instead of trying to outsmart the volatile crypto market, you can consistently buy more crypto at an average price over time without letting emotion rule your investment strategy.
How to set a recurring buy on Voyager
- Navigate to your account page: Open the Voyager app and click the user icon on the top left-hand corner. Select Recurring Buys.
- Choose your asset: Select Add on the top right corner and choose which supported coin you want to set a recurring buy for.
- Select your buy size and frequency: Input the dollar amount you want to invest, the frequency, and the bank account you would like to use.
- Confirm your order: Slide to schedule your recurring buy and confirm your order.
Once your buy is scheduled, we'll automatically execute your order for you on your specified date and time. To edit a recurring buy, open your scheduled buy ticket and either select Pause or Delete.
For additional information on recurring buys, please reference our FAQs.
Voyager Cryptocurrency Risk Disclosure
All investments involve risk and the past performance of a digital asset or other financial product does not guarantee future results or returns. Cryptocurrencies are highly speculative in nature, involve a high degree of risk and can rapidly and significantly decrease in value. It is reasonably possible for the value of Cryptocurrencies to decrease to zero or near zero. While diversification may help spread risk, it does not assure a profit or protect against loss. Investors should consider their investment objectives and risks carefully before investing. Previous gains may not be representative of the experience of other customers and are not guarantees of future performance or success.