We are excited to announce that Polygon (MATIC) is now available for buying, trading, and transfers on the Voyager app!
Polygon describes itself as, “The protocol for building and connecting Ethereum compatible networks, aggregating scalable solutions on Ethereum and supporting a multichain Ethereum ecosystem.”
Polygon was originally the Matic network, a platform initially founded in 2017 in an attempt to solve for scalability and network congestion issues on Ethereum. Matic eventually rebranded into Polygon, which went live in 2020 and uses a multi-layer process to allow for building and connecting to the Ethereum network.
Polygon is one of the most well-adopted and fastest-growing Ethereum Layer 2 scaling solutions and decentralized application ecosystems. It boasts features such as interoperability, modularity, and, of course, scalability and security. By having an Ethereum layer, Polygon can be used for a wide range of projects and applications that can be interchangeable between Ethereum and the Polygon network.
You can read more about Polygon on their website.
Ready to trade Polygon (MATIC) on the Voyager app? Here are some tips to get you started.
How to buy MATIC on Voyager
1. Download the Voyager app: Available in Apple App Store and Google Play Store, visit and search Voyager or click here to download now.
2. Open a Voyager trading account: Fill in your personal information to create a trading account. As a licensed financial institution, know that your personal information is always safe with us.
3. Link your bank: Link your bank account by navigating to the User Icon on your Market Screen. On your account page, tap Bank Accounts and add your bank.
4. Fund your Voyager account: To deposit USD, go to your account page and tap Transfer Cash or Crypto, then Deposit to Voyager Account and select USD. Next, enter the amount of USD you'd like to transfer and slide the Slide to Deposit USD banner. Now you can trade instantly.
5. Buy MATIC: Navigate to the Market Screen scroll until you reach MATIC and tap to access the Polygon page, then tap Buy MATIC. Insert the amount of USD you'd like to spend and slide the Slide to Buy MATIC purple banner to complete your purchase.
Trading on the Voyager app is currently available to all U.S. residents excluding New York state. We are actively working with regulators to expand to New York and internationally in the future.
All investments involve risk and the past performance of a digital asset or other financial product does not guarantee future results or returns. Cryptocurrencies are highly speculative in nature, involve a high degree of risk and can rapidly and significantly decrease in value. It is reasonably possible for the value of Cryptocurrencies to decrease to zero or near zero. While diversification may help spread risk, it does not assure a profit or protect against loss. Investors should consider their investment objectives and risks carefully before investing. Previous gains may not be representative of the experience of other customers and are not guarantees of future performance or success.