Aave (AAVE) is now available for buying, trading, and transferring – a welcome addition to the growing list of altcoins offered on the Voyager app!
Aave describes itself as an open-source and non-custodial liquidity protocol for earning interest on deposits and borrowing assets. Built on the Ethereum network, it was originally named ETHLend before evolving into Aave. The platform is centered around using DeFi protocols to allow for passive interest gain through lending and borrowing.
Simply put, by depositing assets onto the platform, users receive assets back through yields derived by current market demand. Users can also take out loans on the platform using asset deposits as collateral. Once their loans are paid back, their assets are unlocked for use again. Its native token, AAVE, was launched in 2020 as a means of self-governance.
To learn more about AAVE, check out their website.
How to buy AAVE on Voyager
1. Download the Voyager app: Now available in Apple iTunes Store and Google Play Store, visit and search Voyager or click here to download now.
2. Open a Voyager trading account: Fill in your personal information to create a trading account. As a licensed financial institution, we're required to collect this information to protect our users, but know that your personal information is always safe with us.
3. Link your bank: Link your bank account by navigating to the User Icon on your Market Screen. On your account page, tap Bank Accounts and add your bank.
4. Fund your Voyager account: To deposit USD, go to your account page and tap Transfer Cash or Crypto, then Deposit to Voyager Account and select USD. Next, enter the amount of USD you'd like to transfer and slide the Slide to Deposit USD banner. Now you can trade instantly.
5. Buy AAVE: Navigate to the Market Screen scroll until you reach AAVE and tap to access the Aave page, then tap Buy AAVE. Insert the amount of USD you'd like to spend and slide the Slide to Buy AAVE purple banner to complete your purchase.
Trading on the Voyager app is currently available to all U.S. residents excluding New York state. We are actively working with regulators to expand to New York and internationally in the future.
All investments involve risk and the past performance of a digital asset or other financial product does not guarantee future results or returns. Cryptocurrencies are highly speculative in nature, involve a high degree of risk and can rapidly and significantly decrease in value. It is reasonably possible for the value of Cryptocurrencies to decrease to zero or near zero. While diversification may help spread risk, it does not assure a profit or protect against loss. Investors should consider their investment objectives and risks carefully before investing. Previous gains may not be representative of the experience of other customers and are not guarantees of future performance or success.