Uniswap (UNI) is now available for commission-free* buying and trading, as well as transfers on the Voyager app.
Uniswap is a decentralized exchange, where users can buy and provide liquidity, directly from crypto wallets, all hosted by the Ethereum blockchain. It's a protocol where users can swap ERC20 tokens without the need for buyers and sellers to create demand. This is automatically completed by an equation that establishes and balances the value depending on the amount of demand.
Uniswap was founded by Hayden Adams, who was inspired to establish the protocol from a post he saw by Vitalik Buterin, Ethereum's founder. In May 2020, Uniswap V2 launched, which enabled direct ERC20 to ERC20 swaps and a myriad of technical improvements. In September 2020, the UNI governance token was introduced via an airdrop feature that was awarded to anyone who used the protocol prior to September 1st, 2020. Uniswap's design is to function as a public good and a tool for the community to trade tokens without any platform fees or intermediaries.
What makes Uniswap so special and different from other decentralized exchanges is the pricing mechanism "Constant Product Market Maker Model." Through the use of this model, any token can be added to Uniswap by funding it with an equivalent value of ETH and the ERC20 token being traded. Instead of connecting buyers and sellers to determine the price of the altcoin, Uniswap just uses a constant equation.
Check out Uniswap's website for more information.
How to buy Uniswap (UNI)
- Get the Voyager app: Available in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, visit and search Voyager or click here to download now.
- Open a Voyager trading account: Fill in your personal information to create a trading account. As a licensed financial institution, know that your personal information is always safe with us.
- Link your bank: Link your bank account by navigating to the User Icon on your Market Screen. On your account page, tap Bank Accounts and add your bank.
- Fund your Voyager account: To deposit USD, go to your account page and tap Transfer Cash or Crypto, then Deposit to Voyager Account and select USD. Next, enter the amount of USD you'd like to transfer and slide the Slide to Deposit USD banner. Now you can trade instantly.
- Buy UNI: Navigate to the Market Screen scroll until you reach UNI and tap to access the Uniswap page, then tap Buy UNI. Insert the amount of USD you'd like to spend and slide the Slide to Buy UNI purple banner to complete your purchase.
Trading on the Voyager app is currently available to all U.S. residents (excluding New York state). We are actively working with regulators to expand to New York and internationally in the future.
*Additional fees may apply
All investments involve risk and the past performance of a digital asset or other financial product does not guarantee future results or returns. Cryptocurrencies are highly speculative in nature, involve a high degree of risk and can rapidly and significantly decrease in value. It is reasonably possible for the value of Cryptocurrencies to decrease to zero or near zero. While diversification may help spread risk, it does not assure a profit or protect against loss. Investors should consider their investment objectives and risks carefully before investing. Previous gains may not be representative of the experience of other customers and are not guarantees of future performance or success.