UMA (UMA) is now available for commission-free* buying and trading, as well as transfers on the Voyager app.
UMA (UMA) is designed to power the financial innovations made possible by permissionless, public blockchains, like Ethereum. UMA is an open-source protocol that allows developers to design and create their own financial contracts that are self-enforcing and accessible worldwide, which differentiates it from traditional derivatives. UMA describes itself as a protocol for building synthetic assets and aims to allow users to write self-enforcing smart contracts with economic guarantees.
UMA, along with Ren Protocol, has launched a Yield Dollar alongside a three-asset yield farming incentive, which enables its users to lock renBTC into UMA. renBTC can be used as collateral to mint uUSD and purchase more renBTC to create a permissionless leveraged position. Yield farming is also supported.
Ready to start trading UMA on Voyager? Download the app and follow the below steps to start now:
How to buy UMA
- Get the Voyager app: Available in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, visit and search Voyager or click here to download now.
- Open a Voyager trading account: Fill in your personal information to create a trading account. As a licensed financial institution, know that your personal information is always safe with us.
- Link your bank: Link your bank account by navigating to the User Icon on your Market Screen. On your account page, tap Bank Accounts and add your bank.
- Fund your Voyager account: To deposit USD, go to your account page and tap Transfer Cash or Crypto, then Deposit to Voyager Account and select USD. Next, enter the amount of USD you'd like to transfer and slide the Slide to Deposit USD banner. Now you can trade instantly.
- Buy UMA: Navigate to the Market Screen scroll until you reach UMA and tap to access the UMA page, then tap Buy UMA. Insert the amount of USD you'd like to spend and slide the Slide to Buy UMA purple banner to complete your purchase.
Trading on the Voyager app is currently available to all U.S. residents excluding New York state. We are actively working with regulators to expand to New York and internationally in the future.
*Additional fees may apply
All investments involve risk and the past performance of a digital asset or other financial product does not guarantee future results or returns. Cryptocurrencies are highly speculative in nature, involve a high degree of risk and can rapidly and significantly decrease in value. It is reasonably possible for the value of Cryptocurrencies to decrease to zero or near zero. While diversification may help spread risk, it does not assure a profit or protect against loss. Investors should consider their investment objectives and risks carefully before investing. Previous gains may not be representative of the experience of other customers and are not guarantees of future performance or success.