Polkadot (DOT) is available for buying and trading commission-free* on the Voyager app!
Polkadot (DOT) is an open-source project founded by the Web3 Foundation. Web3 Foundation is a Swiss Foundation that was founded to ease a fully functional and user-friendly decentralized web. Polkadot is a smart contract platform and sharded protocol that enables blockchain networks to work in conjunction with one another. The DOT token serves three distinct purposes: governance over the network, staking, and bonding. It aims to enable a completely decentralized web where the users have the power.
DOT is more scalable and offers a unique alternative to Ethereum since it completes transactions using multiple parallel chains rather than standard blockchain nodes. It has the ability to transfer data across both public, open, permissionless blockchains, as well as private, permissioned blockchains. The great thing is that DOT can build applications that get permissioned data from a private blockchain and use it on a public blockchain. For example, a university's private, permissioned, academic records chain could send a proof to a degree-verification smart contract on a public chain.
How to Buy Polkadot (DOT)
1. Get the Voyager App: Now available in Apple iTunes Store and Google Play Store, visit the store and search Voyager or click here to download now.
2. Open a Voyager Trading Account: Fill in your personal information to create a trading account. As a licensed financial institution, we're required to collect this information to protect our users, but know that your personal information is always safe with us.
3. Link your Bank: Link your bank account by navigating to the User Icon on your Market Screen. On your account page, tap "Bank Accounts" and add your bank.
4. Fund your Voyager Account: To deposit USD, go to your account page and tap "Transfer Cash or Crypto" & tap "Deposit to Voyager Account" and select USD. Then enter the amount of USD you'd like to transfer and slide the "Slide to Deposit USD" banner. Now you can trade instantly.
5. Buy Polkadot: Navigate to the Market Screen scroll until you reach "DOT" and tap to access the Polkadot page, then tap "Buy DOT." Insert the amount of USD you'd like to spend and slide the "Slide to Buy DOT" purple banner to complete your purchase.
Trading on the Voyager app is currently available to all U.S. residents (excluding New York state). We are actively working with regulators to expand to New York and internationally in the future.
*Additional fees may apply