Orchid (OXT) is available for buying and trading commission-free*, as well as transfer on the Voyager app.
Orchid (OXT) takes a new approach to digital privacy with the first peer-to-peer, incentivized privacy network, also known as a VPN. OXT is an Ethereum (ERC-20) compliant digital currency used to exchange value on the Orchid network. Anyone on the Orchid network can buy and sell bandwidth using the Orchid Token (OXT), and Orchid node providers receive OXT in exchange for their bandwidth. Both users and providers can stake OXT. Users are also able to privately browse and retrieve content without being limited by their geography. With its decentralized design, multi-hop architecture, and Open Source ethos, orchid offers "unprecedented digital privacy in a trustless context."
Their first offering is the Orchid Client, an open-source tool that allows users to navigate the web with the privacy they need, served by an open marketplace for bandwidth built on Ethereum. This will display the nodes on the network and the user can choose which routes they want to take.
In 2017, Orchid co-founders were discussing ways that everyone in the world could access an Internet free of surveillance and censorship. Their team of engineers, crypto experts, technologists, and partners were dedicated to this new idea. They knew they needed technical expertise and funding to make it happen. After much effort, they launched the first incentivized, peer-to-peer privacy network in December 2019.
Orchid is an incentivized VPN marketplace that differentiates them from other VPN providers. No single provider has the entire picture of internet activity from the presence of "hops'' that route traffic through multiple separate nodes. Orchid's payments model, which includes the innovation of nano-payments, is a pay-as-you-go system so that users only have to pay for the bandwidth that they actually use. The marketplace structure of Orchid is set so that there should always be ample bandwidth available for users.
How to buy Orchid (OXT)
- Get the Voyager app: Available in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, visit and search Voyager or click here to download now.
- Open a Voyager trading account: Fill in your personal information to create a trading account. As a licensed financial institution, know that your personal information is always safe with us.
- Link your bank: Link your bank account by navigating to the User Icon on your Market Screen. On your account page, tap Bank Accounts and add your bank.
- Fund your Voyager account: To deposit USD, go to your account page and tap Transfer Cash or Crypto, then Deposit to Voyager Account and select USD. Next, enter the amount of USD you'd like to transfer and slide the Slide to Deposit USD banner. Now you can trade instantly.
- Buy OXT: Navigate to the Market Screen scroll until you reach OXT and tap to access the Orchid page, then tap Buy OXT. Insert the amount of USD you'd like to spend and slide the Slide to Buy OXT purple banner to complete your purchase.
Trading on the Voyager app is currently available to all U.S. residents excluding New York state. We are actively working with regulators to expand to New York and internationally in the future.
*Additional fees may apply
All investments involve risk and the past performance of a digital asset or other financial product does not guarantee future results or returns. Cryptocurrencies are highly speculative in nature, involve a high degree of risk and can rapidly and significantly decrease in value. It is reasonably possible for the value of Cryptocurrencies to decrease to zero or near zero. While diversification may help spread risk, it does not assure a profit or protect against loss. Investors should consider their investment objectives and risks carefully before investing. Previous gains may not be representative of the experience of other customers and are not guarantees of future performance or success.