Orchid (OXT) is available for buying & trading commission-free*, as well as transfer on the Voyager app!
Orchid (OXT) takes a new approach to digital privacy with the first peer-to-peer, incentivized privacy network, also known as a VPN. OXT is an Ethereum (ERC-20) compliant digital currency used to exchange value on the Orchid network. Anyone on the Orchid network can buy and sell bandwidth using the Orchid Token (OXT), and Orchid node providers receive OXT in exchange for their bandwidth. Both users and providers can stake OXT. Users are also able to privately browse and retrieve content without being limited by their geography. With its decentralized design, multi-hop architecture, and Open Source ethos, orchid offers "unprecedented digital privacy in a trustless context."
Their first offering is the Orchid Client, an open-source tool that allows users to navigate the web with the privacy they need, served by an open marketplace for bandwidth built on Ethereum. This will display the nodes on the network and the user can choose which routes they want to take.
In 2017, Orchid co-founders were discussing ways that everyone in the world could access an Internet free of surveillance and censorship. Their team of engineers, crypto experts, technologists, and partners were dedicated to this new idea. They knew they needed technical expertise and funding to make it happen. After much effort, they launched the first incentivized, peer-to-peer privacy network in December 2019.
Orchid is an incentivized VPN marketplace that differentiates them from other VPN providers. No single provider has the entire picture of internet activity from the presence of "hops'' that route traffic through multiple separate nodes. Orchid's payments model, which includes the innovation of nano-payments, is a pay-as-you-go system so that users only have to pay for the bandwidth that they actually use. The marketplace structure of Orchid is set so that there should always be ample bandwidth available for users.
How to buy Orchid (OXT)
1. Get the Voyager App: Now available in Apple iTunes Store and Google Play Store, visit the store and search Voyager or click here to download now.
2. Open a Voyager Trading Account: Fill in your personal information to create a trading account. As a licensed financial institution, we're required to collect this information to protect our users, but know that your personal information is always safe with us.
3. Link your Bank: Link your bank account by navigating to the User Icon on your Market Screen. On your account page, tap "Bank Accounts" and add your bank.
4. Fund your Voyager Account: To deposit USD, go to your account page and tap "Transfer Cash or Crypto" & tap "Deposit to Voyager Account" and select USD. Then enter the amount of USD you'd like to transfer and slide the "Slide to Deposit USD" banner. Now you can trade instantly.
5. Buy Orchid: Navigate to the Market Screen scroll until you reach "OXT” and tap to access the Orchid page, then tap "Buy OXT." Insert the amount of USD you'd like to spend and slide the "Slide to Buy OXT" purple banner to complete your purchase.
Trading on the Voyager app is currently available to all U.S. residents (excluding New York state). We are actively working with regulators to expand to New York and internationally in the future.
*Additional fees may apply