Maker (MKR) is now available for buying and trading commission-free*, as well as transfers on the Voyager app!
Maker (MKR) acts as a governance token and is used by its holders to vote on a variety of things. Voting is done inside Maker Protocol on a number of different topics ranging from decisions regarding fees to debt ceilings; this voting helps govern Maker Protocol, the smart contracts that power DAI.
Maker DAO is a decentralized autonomous organization on the Ethereum blockchain. The MKR token is a speculative Ethereum-based asset that backs the value of DAI, a stable price stable coin issued on Ethereum. Maker earns a continuous fee on all outstanding dai in return for governing the system and taking on the risk of bailouts. Maker’s income is funneled to MKR owners through a Buy Back program.
Ready to start trading Maker on Voyager? Download the app and follow the below steps to start now:
How to buy MKR
1. Get the Voyager App: Now available in Apple iTunes Store and Google Play Store, visit the store and search Voyager or click here to download now.
2. Open a Voyager Trading Account: Fill in your personal information to create a trading account. As a licensed financial institution, we're required to collect this information to protect our users, but know that your personal information is always safe with us.
3. Link your Bank: Link your bank account by navigating to the User Icon on your Market Screen. On your account page, tap "Bank Accounts" and add your bank.
4. Fund your Voyager Account: To deposit USD, go to your account page and tap "Transfer Cash or Crypto" & tap "Deposit to Voyager Account" and select USD. Then enter the amount of USD you'd like to transfer and slide the "Slide to Deposit USD" banner. Now you can trade instantly.
5. Buy Maker: Navigate to the Market Screen scroll until you reach "MKR" and tap to access the Maker page, then tap "Buy MKR." Insert the amount of USD you'd like to spend and slide the "Slide to Buy MKR" purple banner to complete your purchase.
Trading on the Voyager app is currently available to all U.S. residents (excluding New York state). We are actively working with regulators to expand to New York and internationally in the future.
*Additional fees may apply